7.12.08

Κι άλλος Gavin Ewart












Gavin Ewart


Sonnet: Dolce stil novo
Esercitazione Letteraria

     That woman who to me seems most a woman
I do not compare to angels--or digress on schismatic Popes--
or exalt above the terrestrial or consider a madonna.
Nor do I search in others for her lineaments,
or wish for Death to free me from desire,
or consider Love an archer; or see her as a Daphne,
fleeing the embraces of Apollo, transformed into a laurel.
I am not lost in the amorous wood of Virgil.

But although I do not rhyme or use the soft Italian,
my love is a strong love, and for a certain person.
Human beings are human; I can see a man might envy
her bath water as it envelops her completely.
That's what my love would like to do; and Petrarch
can take a running jump at himself--or (perhaps?) agree.


Η "δυνατή ανθρώπινη αγάπη" με τα μέτρα της ηδυπάθειας ενός ζεστού,
ζεστού αφρόλουτρου ...

Υποβλητικό!

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: